[thelist] MT blog/ CSS not rendering

matt g mrg at members.evolt.org
Thu Jun 13 15:11:01 CDT 2002

> From: "Tom Dell'Aringa" <pixelmech at yahoo.com>

> Hi all,
>

> I can't for the life of me figure out what reloading an exact copy of a css
> file fixes. Certainly
> MT is generating a dynamic page of sorts, but the link tag is right in there
> as is the css...I'm
> lost.

Hi Tom,
In the admin side of MT, what shows up in the CSS template after you've
uploaded your "fixed" css file? The file you've uploaded? or the last
version of what you edited in MT?

I believe that when you rebuild your files, MT copies over the existing
files with what is in the MT css template.

If you want to work on the css on your local machine, you should name it
something else (like pixelmech_mt.css) and change the link in all of the
html templates (Main Index, Archive Index, etc) via the MT admin.

hth,
matt g