[thelist] with Enter, onBlur is preceded by onSubmit

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at cph.org
Fri Jun 14 08:04:01 CDT 2002

> seriously though, why cripple behavior users are
> accustomed to simply because you find it annoying?

If everyone else jumped off a bridge, would you do it too? :-)

> what about this behavior is problematic, in your opinion?

I didn't really notice it until my school had me build them an online
admissions application. I built it (split across 2 pages), and as soon as it
went live, we started getting incomplete form submissions from the IE users.
Turns out people were pressing 'enter' too early and submitting incomplete
forms.

Granted, this wouldn't be a problem if they had let me do any kind of
validation on the input, but that would have "added to the wait time" by too
much...

I think overall, using enter to submit a form can be a good idea, especially
with shorter forms like logins. It's just that with longer forms, it starts
to yeild bad results.

-Ken