[thelist] "stopped" pop-up windows: graceful exit with errors?

David Dorward evolt at david.us-lot.org
Fri Jun 14 11:40:01 CDT 2002

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002 09:44:59 -0400
"David Kutcher" <david_kutcher at hotmail.com> wrote:

> If anyone has popupstopper software installed, would you speak up if
> you are willing to become a test-subject?

{Raise hand}

> I have a few javascripts that I believe will get around it, but I
> would like to be sure :)

You can try... but it works by completely disabling window.open()
(which is why <a href="foo" target="bar" onclick="if (window.open) {
window.open(this.href, this.target, 'parameters'); return false;
}">link</a> is about the only thing that will work.

--
David Dorward                                   http://david.us-lot.org/
HTML email is a bit like using coloured paper and glitter ink on a CV.