[thelist] oh joy -- cursors and t-sql abound!

Tom McMillen tgmcmillen at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 14 17:31:01 CDT 2002

Have you tried looking in SQL BOL (Using
CONTAINSTABLE)?
There are a couple of examples there where the
CONTAINSTABLE section is built dynamically  as a
string inside an EXECUTE() statement...

so you would have

STATIC READ ONLY FOR
   EXECUTE('SELECT article_id, max(k.rank) rank
            FROM paragraphs t1
            INNER JOIN CONTAINSTABLE(paragraphs,
            paragraph_text, ' + @term + ') k
            ON t1.paragraph_id = k.[key]')

I've not tried it, but it might work

Tom

> I'm having a bit of difficulty with a particularly
> complex query I'm
> running.
<snip />
> but the problem I'm
> having is with parameters that I want to pass into
> the sp itself.  Take a
> look at this cursor declaration:
>
> DECLARE tnames_cursor CURSOR LOCAL FORWARD_ONLY
> STATIC READ_ONLY
> FOR
> 	SELECT article_id, max(k.rank) rank
> 	FROM paragraphs t1