[thelist] Shared email clients and privacy/security

Adrian Fischer adrian at aussiebidder.com
Sat Jun 15 02:56:11 CDT 2002

Hi All,

Were I work I have been delegated the IT wizard.  Purely because they know
less than me not because I know what I'm doing.

We have an ADSL connection on one pc and that is then shared with about 4
others.  All PC's are inter connected (but not a proper network as such).
That is, there is no server, we just use NIC's to talk pc to pc.

The company has 1 email account but can have a gazillion email addresses.  I
can filter the emails to go to folders under outlook 2000 but anyone can
read any other folder.  I intend to leave the messages on the hosts server
so that all have access to mail. Otherwise the first to read the mail gets
it all on their machine.  (Am I making sense here?)

We don't have a mail server.  I need every one to be able to read mail
directed at them without everyone else being able to view other peoples
folders.

How do I achieve this (very cheaply)?

Thanks

Adrian Fischer