[thelist] Looking for bad words

Dmytro Borovsky thelist at web-artel.net
Sat Jun 15 09:47:01 CDT 2002

> Am setting up a web page that posts what people
> enter and want to do basic screening for naughty words. I know it can
> be defeated easily and that's not a concern. But I need a reasonably
> comprehensive list of dirty words. Anyone know of any?

Many "dirty" words also have a "clean" meaning, so screening could just
disallow your visitors to post their thought. I. e., someone posts "cock and
pussy"; and no programme could guess if the poster talked about pets or sex,
you see?

And something like "fucl<" could be a piece of computer code or something
offensive. How could a script differentiate it?

So it's better to require user registration, then you could monitor the
posts and manually block rude posters.

Best regards.
Dmytro Borovsky.
Web Studio http://www.web-artel.net/