[thelist] test - have you received this?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 16 21:46:00 CDT 2002

> Hi - I just switched hosts and dial-up access provider. Have received
> very little mail from Evolt since Friday...and today (Sun) have
> received nothing since mid morning. It's now 2:30pm.
>
> Would someone kindly respond to this just so I know what's going on?

folks, there's an easier way to test your mail connectivity that
doesn't involve sending a test message to thelist...

for starters, you can always check thelist archives to see if you
have all the posts that have come through:
http://lists.evolt.org/archive/  ...or...
http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20020610/date.html

the first post from today was this one at 12:48am:
http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20020610/115443.html

only 18 other posts came in before this test post, probably owing to
the fact that it's a sunday, and in the U.S., it's fathers' day...

if you're missing posts, sending a message may tell you nothing if it
doesn't come through (is it your mail service, or thelist?)...
instead, you can email the list admin address (thelist-
admin at lists.evolt.org) to check to see if they've received any
bounces from your address...

failing that, if you want to see if your post is coming through,
consider sending it to thechat instead of thelist...

and if, despite all this, you find you've sent one to thelist, please
be sure it has a <tip> within...

<tip type="CSS">
If you've declared an anchor to have the 'display:block' CSS
property, but IE5.x/win still isn't counting the entire area of the
<a> (not just the text of the link) as a hyperlink, try adding a
'background-color' property.  Since the default value of 'background-
color' is transparent, adding a color value seems to force IE to
recognize the entire space of the link.
</tip>

--
Read the evolt.org case study