[thelist] Form Submission (POST)

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Mon Jun 17 03:31:01 CDT 2002

On Monday, June 17, 2002, at 09:15  am, Burhan Khalid wrote:

> 	2.	If the answer to 1 is no, then is there a way to have
> two submit button in the same form that send different 		data?
> Currently I have two forms (with no fields displayed). I wanted to be
> able to have one form, two
> 		submit buttons, but each one send different set of data
> via POST.

It is possible to have 2 different submit buttons, but how different is
the data you want to submit?

You'll get the different values of the submit buttons, but that may not
be enough. Also, if it's the same form, both submit buttons will post to
the same URL.

You *could* stuff different data into the hidden fields (and maybe post
to a different URL) using JS, but it's not the most robust,
cross-everything way of doing things

Cheers
Martin
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,