[thelist] site checks different list?

Karen J. Bowen karen at miinx.com.au
Mon Jun 17 08:20:01 CDT 2002

Chris wrote:
> IMO the biggest advantage of being able to submit site checks to thelist is
> for cross platform testing, which may be out of reach for at least 2/3s of
> people here.
>
> For myself, I have found that it's easy enough to test on PC and Linux, but
> not Mac etc.

I agree.  There are just so many possible configurations of
browser/os/screen res that it's impossible to test them all by oneself.

I also quite like having site checks here as they break up the "work" -
viewing someone else's stuff doesn't quite have the same amount of
stress attached to it as one's own work does.  However, as Chris said
before, I wouldn't subscribe to a list solely devoted to site checks.

If site checks aren't your thing, just set up a filter in your email
proggy to move 'em to the bin.

cheers,
Karen