[thelist] Choosing an XML editor

Ray Hill ray.hill at informative.com
Mon Jun 17 16:31:01 CDT 2002

> Can anyone suggest a good XML editor to use?

If you have a budget for this, XML Spy is the editor I'd suggest.  It has
tag insight and most of the features you're probably used to.  I had very
few complaints when I was using it.
http://www.xmlspy.com/

If you want a decent free option, check out the xRay editor that Architag
offers.  It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a commercial editor,
but it does have the benefit of a colored bar at the bottom that perpetually
reflects the validity of your code (green if it's valid, red with the
appropriate error if you screw something up).  Very snazzy for a free tool.
http://www.architag.com/xray/

--ray