[thelist] How do I (SSI/PHP/JS)?

Timothy Martens timfm at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Jun 17 18:52:01 CDT 2002

Hi -- I'm sort of fleshing out the "problem" in my head here and
wondering what the best way to approach it is. Here goes...

 - I have an 6 (X)HTML pages.
 - Each page is identical (content, structure, css, scripts) EXCEPT for
two page components.
 - The non-identical components are a block of tabular data and the
sub-navigation to move between those blocks, e.g.,

SAME		SAME
SAME
"table 1 data"
SAME

SAME		SAME
SAME
"table 2 data"
SAME
------------------------------------------		etc.

Is it better to just create six pages (redundancy) or use something like
includes/PHP/JS to have the non-identical content load into the one page
"template." Could I just have one PHP page with the identical content
and use if/else logic to include the appropriate data? Sorry if this is
unclear, as I say I'm still looking at it from high altitude
(conceptually). Can anyone point to an example of something like this?

Thanks,
 t.

<!--timothy martens
timfm at hawaii.rr.com-->