[thelist] re: Looking for a JSP book - more specific

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 18 13:08:01 CDT 2002

I'm heading out soon to grab a book, so I can use any answers in the next half hour or so.

The "Core Servlets and JSP" By Marty Hall is immensely popular, but some people claim that the
core is no longer core since JSP 1.2 and misses a lot of things that are now deprecated. This was
the book I was going to get but am now having misgivings.

Has anyone used "Java for the Web with Servlets, JSP, and EJB: A Developer's Guide to J2EE
Solutions by Budi Kurniawan" ? This book has lots of good reviews and seems up to standard.

Thanks in advance

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();