[thelist] closing a popup from a non parent window!!

4of4 ryan at 4of4.org
Tue Jun 18 15:14:00 CDT 2002

I have this situation.

There is a popup window that launches when the page loads.
http://12.149.129.4/killPop/

These are my 2 functions for openeing and closing the window:

function popUp(url) {
sealWin=window.open(url,"win"
,'toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=1,menubar=1,scrollbars=1,resizab
le=1,width=500,height=45
0');
self.name = "mainWin"; }

function closeIT() {
sealWin.close();
}

Works fine in the parent window that created the popup, but when I link to
another page and call the closeIT function the window is undefined?

How can I close the same popup window in a window that did NOT create the
popup?

//Ryan