[thelist] jsp homepage

Michael Kimsal michael at wings.themusicguide.com
Wed Jun 19 09:36:01 CDT 2002

Not to butt in too much here, but perhaps you should
just walk away.  If they were your client before, and  they
did something which affects how *you* work for them without
consulting you, there's a problem.  Why can't the other
company that pushed them into jsp take care of the issue
for them?

The 9080 thing is necessary cause the hosting company doesn't
offer jsp full time.  It's an 'add on' and the standard port 80
is still used by something normal (read, not a JSP processing
engine).

In a pinch, just have index.html redirect to the 9080 page.  Remind
them that not everyone will be able to view it.  *some* companies
I've dealt with block out everything except ports 80, 443, mail and
ftp.  Port '9080' wouldn't be visible to these people.  Perhaps
in the minority, but it'll still present a problem in a few cases.

Can't they set up a separate server to handle JSP stuff?

jsp.hostingcompany.com/~accountname

perhaps

Michael Kimsal
http://www.tapinternet.com