[thelist] jsp homepage

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Wed Jun 19 09:50:01 CDT 2002

Michael Galvin wrote:

> Because of the craptacular hosting company we have (again, beyond my control
> - the client has some sort of deal with them or something) the jsp portions
> of the site up to now have all resided on a different port (9080).

> If someone could explain why I'm forced to go to port 9080, that would be
> good too - perhaps there's some way of 'masking' that?

It's common to run Apache on port 80 and the Tomcat JSP engine on
another higher port. However, properly configured, Apache should
just be passing requests for *.jsp pages to Tomcat and displaying
the returned results.

No one need ever know about Tomcat's separate port, and in fact it's
typically configured to be accessible only from localhost.

Sounds like this hosting company needs to get its act together :-)

--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --