[thelist] mput a directory

Jonathan_A_McPherson at rl.gov Jonathan_A_McPherson at rl.gov
Wed Jun 19 16:00:04 CDT 2002

Minh,

Sort of.

You can mput all the *files* in a directory by cd'ing to the directory and
running an "mput *". mput does not do recursion -- you won't get the
contents of any subdirectories.

<tip type="ftp" author="Jeduthun">
If you are running Linux and want to FTP whole directories at a time (and
especially if you need to put all the subdirectories too), I recommend you
use ncftp. ncftp is ftp for sane people. It's text-based and mostly
backwards-compatabile with regular ftp, but it does things that everday ftp
ought to: progress meters, putting/getting entire directory hierarchies,
bookmarks, etc. Try it -- you'll never go back to vanilla ftp again!

ncftp is free. Most standard Linux distros come with it. You can get Windows
versions, too.

http://www.ncftp.com/
</tip>

--