[thelist] Testing/suggestions wanted...

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 19 16:47:01 CDT 2002

--- Tom McMillen <tgmcmillen at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi evolters,
>
> I'm trying to write a dhtml menu and would like some
> feedback, please visit http://www.beatthesystem.co.uk/
> and try the menu out....just left or right click on
> the page - then tell me what you think.

Hey Tom, thats some good innovative thinking for starters, good to see someone trying something
different. Looks good in IE5.5/PC.

My quick observations:

1 - Right click, release and the menu goes away. Right click behavior is typically right click,
menu stays.

2 - I wouldn't do it on a left click, but on a right - don't break the standard.

3 - I got pretty disoriented when I began going through the menus. Pesistence is so key in
navigation schemes, and to have stuff change location is tricky - but I get the concept. Maybe you
could work out some way for link *position* to be more persistent?

4 - The graphics part was cute - but I prefer the plain implementation

5 - I think I would rather click on the arrow to have it go to the next system instead of it going
on its own. Also, I would like to see hierarchical (i.e. arrow) menus differentiated by color or
somesuch, so i don't think they are a link (I know the arrow is there..what can I say)

All in all, a very cool and neat idea. I would really like to see you pursue this and see what
comes out of it. Good luck!

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();