[thelist] Re: CGI Question

Benjamin kalos at carolina.rr.com
Thu Jun 20 16:04:01 CDT 2002

Are you referring to running it from a command line? If so then there are 2
ways (depending on platform)

*nix: just run the script as if it were a webpage such as $
blah.pl?id=123&user=test and the variables will be parsed correctly.

With windows you will need to hard code the variables. I usually comment
out the original line and place the hard coded line just below it so that I
can find and remove the test variable later.

I'm not sure how to do this on a Mac (OSX should be like *nix above I
believe). Trying to get an older mac on my network as we speak.

Hope this helps.

-benjamin