[thelist] Re: site check/advice please

Techwatcher techwatcher at accesswriters.com
Fri Jun 21 09:23:01 CDT 2002

Hi, Daniel --

Often I don't have time to check sites, but I never mind seeing the
requests (my $0.02 worth).

I like your site a lot. It's very calm (I hate reaching a site that
jacks up my adrenaline level like an unfamiliar video game, but that's
just me). In general, an excellent color (reminds me of a lovely
butternut squash -- I like vegetables, myself).

One suggestion: I know blue is the "normal" link color for unvisited,
but
[1] you've already got those black ones in your nav bar (nice hover,
effect, too), and
[2] the site is so unconfusing, I think a user can easily absorb a
LITTLE new (nonstandard) information!
So why not make your link ("the menu") the same color as the background
while it's unvisited, and perhaps black (like the nav bar links) for
visited? Having unvisited links brighter (redder) than visited links
does make sense at a deeper level than the old and much
ignored "convention" of red for visited/blue for unvisited, and your
muted orange color seems quite attractive. On the other hand, I haven't
seen what I'm suggesting, so perhaps you'll need a slightly brighter
shade to show up clearly against the white.

Cheers --
Carol Stein
techwatcher at accesswriters.com

http://www.lobowalk.com/chezbetty/home.html has