[thelist] CSS inheritance

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Sun Jun 23 02:46:01 CDT 2002

I'm adding some quotes to my site. They'll be links to further details about
the quote. Instead of following the style of links, I want them to have
their own style.

I've defined a style called 'quote' with the color and font info I want.
I've tried adding 'class="tag" ' to the <a> tag, a <div> around the entire
link, the <p> the link lives in; nothing works. It picks up the italics of
the 'quote' style, but ignores the color and background-color
specifications.

Here's the style for links:

a:link {
font-size:1em;
color:#3333ff;
text-decoration:none;
background-color:transparent;
}

Here's 'quote'

.quote {
font-size:12px;
font-style:italic;
color:#9e6363;
background-color:transparent;
}

Here's the code wherein the offending anchor exists:
a time to search for understanding;<br />
sometimes you just gotta sing . . .</a>

--
Joel D Canfield
Know Your Music    http://EGBDF.info