[thelist] Linking a flash file

Jason Lustig lustig at acsu.buffalo.edu
Sun Jun 23 18:49:01 CDT 2002

Hi everyone, I have a question...

I'm putting together a banner ad exchange for my youth group. I want to give
people the ability to use flash, because you can get some really, really
good ads with it and pretty much everyone has it. We're going to approving
each ad as they come in and hosting them on our servers, so we're going to
be sure that there's nothing malicious going on with the flash, but there's
one thing: We want the *whole* movie to be linked through our redirection
script so that people can click on it at any time and go through to the
site, and not have just one element in the movie be a direct link to the
website... we've tried numerous things, is there a way to envelope the
embedded flash movie in a link?

We tried just putting it inside an <a> tag, but that didn't work. Any other
ideas? Thanks in advance.

--Jason