[thelist] Let the bashing begin

Jonathan_A_McPherson at rl.gov Jonathan_A_McPherson at rl.gov
Mon Jun 24 12:54:02 CDT 2002

Everyone who thinks that Jakob will stop complaining about usability by
2017, please raise your hands.

Mmm-hmmm, that's what I thought.

It would be no surprise at all to anyone if two different samples of 15
sites taken on the same day were 4% different in terms of usability. Why is
it AlertBox-worthy that they are 4% different taken 1.5 years later?

This might be meaningful if he were comparing the same set of 15 sites and
finding that they had improved. But, as he says in the article ("we did not
study the same sites as in 2000.."), he isn't. He picked 15 totally
different sites this time around.

(Disclaimer: I subscribe to and read AlertBox regularly; Neilsen has many
good points and is a good balance to the foppery of unusable glitz and
glitter that the corporate world tends to slide into.)

--
Jonathan McPherson, LMIT/SD&I
Software Engineer & Web Systems Analyst