[thelist] Re: Hn tags

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Tue Jun 25 02:57:00 CDT 2002

Paul Cowan said:

> Yep. This is pretty much what (I think) it SHOULD be. If not an
> attribute, at least a generic "heading"-type thing, so it still
> renders in old browsers -- like table captions. And the whole 'n'
> part of 'Hn' is a bit of a hack (well... it wasn't at the time. It
> certainly is now.)
>
> Something like:

Hmm.. or instead of using a div you could use xml namespaces and make your
own heading element, and make the <hx> tag the first one inside it. So the
xml tag surrounded what the h tag referred to .. or something.

and of course the way you styled them wouldn't have to be limited to
font-sizes either...

Lach
http://members.evolt.org/luminosity/
MSN: luminosity @ members.evolt.org