[thelist] Browser Stats Released

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 25 10:44:02 CDT 2002

You have to wonder, why do people hang on to NN4? Like it is some great piece of software that
can't be upgraded. The only reason I can fathom is that its people who are on dial ups and figure
there is no way they are going to do the huge download. Its not like NN4 is some compact error
free piece of software. Somebody enlighten me further. The only other thing I can think is that it
works well on some unix/linux systems or something like that which I am unaware...

pixelmech
--- Chris Blessing <webguy at mail.rit.edu> wrote:
> Thanks for the link! Interesting...
>
> Chris Blessing
> webguy at mail.rit.edu
> http://www.330i.net

> > Here is a list of browser stats from OneStat.com:
> >
> > 1. Microsoft IE 6.0 46.4%
> > 2. Microsoft IE 5.5 23.9%
> > 3. Microsoft IE 5.0 23.6%
> > 4. Netscape Navigator 4.0 1.4%
> > 5. Microsoft IE 4.0 1.2%
> > 6. Opera 6.0 0.6%
> > 7. Netscape Navigator 3.0 0.5%
> >
> > Research is based on a sample of 2 million visitors divided into 20,000
> > visitors of 100 countries each day.  Report available at:
> > http://www.onestat.com/html/aboutus_pressbox7.html which includes more
> > details on Mozilla 1.0 adoption.
> >
> > Of course, YMMV, but it is helps to see the overall picture.
> >
> > Josh
> > --
> --

=====