[thelist] Using BLOGS as CMS

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Tue Jun 25 14:15:01 CDT 2002

At 06:28 PM 6/24/2002, Mr. M Burns wrote:

>Couple of things - moveabletype != free except for personal and
>non-profit use:
>http://www.movabletype.org/faq.shtml
>Q. How much does it cost to use Movable Type (MT)?
>A. MT version 2.0 and higher is free for personal or non-profit use.

[...]

>the cost is $150 for a commercial license.

Correct. But... the older version 1.4 didn't have this clause. So if you've
got a copy of that, you can still use it.
<grin type="evil" />

Of course, there's also GreyMatter, but I don't think Noah's doing any more
work on that.

Regards,

Madhu
(who struggled but finally got MT installed on a Windows server)