[thelist] RE: auto-sized boxes, and a CSS rant -- SOLVED

Mark Gallagher mark at cyberfuddle.com
Wed Jun 26 06:58:01 CDT 2002

Jonathan_A_McPherson at rl.gov wrote:

<snip />

> The final code, working well:

>       do this<br />
>       do that<br />
>       do otherstuff<br />
>
> I still am not completely happy with this:
> (a) It seems like flagrant abuse of the width property.

Oh, yes.

> (b) Isn't there some rule about not nesting block-level elements? That's a
> div-within-a-span-within-a-div I've got there.

Well, not exactly.  Block-level elements can be nested fine.  They just
can't be nested within inline elements like <span>, or within paragraphs.

> But it works. (-: (I'm open to more clever solutions if anyone's got any...)

I must admit, I've not been following this thread (it's hard to wade
through when no-one's snipping <g />), but what if you replace the

--
Mark Gallagher
http://cyberfuddle.com/infinitebabble/