[thelist] contract work questions

Burhan Khalid burhankhalid at members.evolt.org
Wed Jun 26 10:26:01 CDT 2002

Sarah Heffron wrote:

> Also, I'm looking for some sort of program to do invoices with,
> preferably for linux, but I can use windows if I really need to.
> Something I'm looking for would have me enter the date/time/info for
> each task and it will tally up the hours and figure out the grand total
> and print out something nice, if such a thing exists. I'd write one
> myself but I don't have the time for it right now.

Hey Sarah :

QuickBooks Pro 2002 (which is what I use), does time tracking,
estimatint, invoicing, etc. with ease. Its not designed specifically for
computer jobs (the main categories don't list web work), but if you
choose consulting it fits nicely. Initial setup is a bit comprehensive,
but once you get it going, its real easy to work with the program. It
also tabulates taxes for your state.

I don't know what your budget is like, so you might not want to shell
out $250+. They have an online version which is $14.95/month.

Disclaimer : I'm not affiliated with quickbooks and not getting payed
for this -- although I wish I was getting payed.

--Burhan