[thelist] Single- or multiple-page articles?

Nicole P nparrot at pair.com
Thu Jun 27 09:09:04 CDT 2002

It would depend on the length of the article. If it's long enough to take
the scrollbar to its minimal size, then I'd split it up.
Very long pages make scrolling a nightmare. If you have to go back up to
double check something when you read, you should be able to scroll to it
relatively easily.

Personally, I rarely see articles that are long enough to cause this
problem, but I have seen fanfiction stories that are as long as a book. If
they're not cut into chapters with a chapter per page, it can be a very
frustrating experience.

Just my own point of view