[thelist] Content Management System on IIS 5 + CFmx q

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Jun 27 15:48:01 CDT 2002

On Thursday, June 27, 2002, at 08:14  pm, Judah McAuley wrote:

> It seems
> like in order to be affordable you have to make it too simplistic to be
> useful.  As you make it more powerful and customizable, then you start
> having to devote alot of resources to implementation and the overall
> cost jumps way up.  I think that folks like aardvark and myself are
> trying to hit that middle area, but its certainly an undefined, immature
> market.

I think what you'll need is a set of tools which take care of the hard,
low-level stuff and let you concentrate on the site.

If you also get the option of a bunch of modules you can layer over the
top to handle the main functionality, then you're most of the way there.

Hey, Ray - I remember you mentioning that a large lump of the Spectra
functionality got folded into ColdFusion MX. How much and what bits?

Cheers
Martin
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,