[thelist] Re: Hn tags

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Mon Jul 1 16:45:00 CDT 2002

> *That* seems to be the heart of the problem
> most folks are having with header tags. When
> is it a heading and when it is just some extra text I
> want styled in a manner similar to a heading?

if a piece of text -- a phrase, a sentence, what have you -- sits in front
of a paragraph, and describes what's in that paragraph, introduces and
establishes the reader's expectation of that paragraph, then how could it
not be a heading for that paragraph?

some people (not including me, i hasten to interject) may be confused about
which <em>tags</em> you may legally, morally, or validly use, but there
should be no doubt in anyone's mind that it is actually, in fact, a heading

whoops, did i just respond to a topic i promised not to?

;o)