[thelist] Temporary Download Link

ramon buckland ramon at thebuckland.com
Mon Jul 1 19:37:00 CDT 2002

Hi,

Here's one way, not the only:

Depending on environment,

Create a download handler:

	/files/download.php

This file streams a document given certain parameters.

	/files/download.php?id=e45fg6f7a7c7b776d4cc4e56&fileid=4001

The id could be an MD5 of the SessionID for that user
and the download handler just checks the session ID with the one passed in

The 4001 could be a db lookup giving information about the file.
(path to file, MIME type, etc)

Then, just stream the file back to the user with the appropriate Headers

Regards
Ramon.