[thelist] OT - Digital Camera

Seth Bienek seth at sethbienek.com
Tue Jul 2 14:00:02 CDT 2002

+1

I've been immensely happy with my FinePix 2800:
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2001_reviews/fuji2800.html

It may be a bit out of your price range, with a street price of around
$330, though.  But it does take regular AA batteries, and has the best
color saturation I've seen from a digital camera bar none.

And I've heard great things about Nikon's CoolPix 2500:
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_reviews/nikon2500.html

With a street price around $230, it may be more along the lines of what
you're looking to spend, though it doesn't have the FinePix's 6x optical
zoom.  Guess it depends on which features are important to you.

Both are 2/2.1 MP cameras.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, I recommend Steve's for comparing.
Great reviews, very in-depth, image comparisons, all kindsa cool stuff:
http://www.steves-digicams.com

HTH,

Seth