[thelist] PHP Date Handling

Charles F. Johnson charles at littlegreenfootballs.com
Tue Jul 2 19:43:01 CDT 2002

ADOLPH TRUDEAU <ATRUDEAU at NMSSLONESTAR.org> typed:

> I'm looking for any pointers to tutorials/documentation on date-handling in
> php. O'Reilly's Programming PHP is pretty light on the topic. I'm used to
> working in coldfusion, where datehandling is a snap.
>
> Specific problem is how to increment a value by one day for a Mysql database
> limit. I may just add 235959 time to the datestamp instead of having to
> write logic for end of month incrementing.

Here's a tutorial at PHP Builder that I found very helpful when learning to
use PHP's time/date functions. It's easier than you think:

http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/akent20000610.php3

Charles Johnson
LGF web design
http://littlegreenfootballs.com