[thelist] doing the js thing!

Erick Papadakis erick_papadakis at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 3 03:46:01 CDT 2002

i saw a service on the web, where they give you an
option "put us on your website". this is basically
thru a snippet of JS code. so their code looks
something like

  <script src="http://them.com/something.js"></script>

and when i include this in my HTML file, just this one
line!,  i see the text string that i want!!!

i cannot share what this product is, but in their
"something.js" file, they have to collect information
about a cookie on my machine. wow. how do they do
this? when i try to download their *.js, i cannot get
it!

will any gurus on this list share how this happens?

thx!
erick