[thelist] The Future of Browser-Bound XML?

Means, Eric D eric.d.means at boeing.com
Wed Jul 3 15:38:00 CDT 2002

Er... XHTML is well-formed, valid XML.  Therefore, yes, you can.

>From Section 1 of the document[1] you linked:
"XHTML documents are XML conforming. As such, they are readily viewed,
edited, and validated with standard XML tools."

Obviously XML is a superset of XHTML, and therefore there are an infinite
number of XML docs that would not be valid XHTML (and may not display as
readily in a browser); however it is clearly quite possible to write a pure
XML file which, when combined with a proper CSS file, will display as
expected in a browser.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/