[thelist] Window without Title Bar and Borders

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Wed Jul 3 16:21:06 CDT 2002

Hello Everybody,
Is it possible in JavaScript to open a window without its title bar and borders?
If yes then what will be the syntax?

Last time I asked about determining the window's current position on screen, but
nobody replied. I think nobody had any information to reply (please do NOT take
any offence with this sentence).
In fact, I wanted to open a little window and wanted to move it to the centre of
the screen in a smooth animation like style, just as the menus, which drop down
smoothly in Windows machines. I thought if I knew how to determine the current
(unchanged) position of new window then I could produce an animation like effect
in its movement. "moveTo()" method moves the window all of a sudden.

Thank you,
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/