[thelist] [OT] Any MS SQL7 DB pro's out there? Specifically, Linked SQL Servers?

Douglas Rehg drehg at fishcicle.com
Wed Jul 3 18:13:01 CDT 2002

At 03:19 PM 7/3/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Doug,
>
>I've worked with SQL7 linked servers... haven't had your exact problem, but
>some questions/ideas follow.
>
>(1) What is the exact query you're running to do the update? This might help
>diagnose problems.

UPDATE SQLSrvB.DBName.dbo.WEB_TblIssue
Set Type = 'Bug'
WHERE Issue_Number = 750

>(2) What sort of linked connection are you doing -- impersonation, or a
>"duplicate" account? Have you tried switching types?

Duplicate account.  Have not tried to switch the accounts...There are other
applications using this setup that run successfully, and I can do this with
other tables....just seems this one problem table will not work.

>(3) I assume you've already checked to ensure that the user you appear to be
>on the destination server has full update permissions on the table in
>question?

Yep...has select, insert and update on the tbl in question

Thanks for the ideas and help

Doug