[thelist] online bug tracking [ot]

David Ulevitch davidu at everydns.net
Wed Jul 3 18:18:02 CDT 2002

<quote who="Tom DellAringa">
> Yikes, that looks cool - I downloaded it and have no idea where to
> start. I was hoping for something online I could just sign up and
> use..maybe thats asking too much. I found one or two, they are really
> involved and not very well made. I could just write a simple one in ASP
> over the weekend, but I'm trying to avoid that.. ;)

I think you'd find out that there is no such thing as a simple bug
tracking system.

I'd recommend you see if RT works for you.  Jesse has written it in such a
fashion that it is easily extended.  It also (secretly) powers most NOC's
trouble ticket systems but they might not admit it.

You can find it at: http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/

I agree that Bugzilla is huge and a pain.  That said, once working, it is
pretty cool.  I'd recommend RT though, it usually fits what people need
when they say they need bugtracking but it usually never comes up as a
possible solution. (But it should!)

HTH,
davidu

--
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the
world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret Mead