[thelist] using mySQL with JSP/Tomcat

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Fri Jul 5 11:33:00 CDT 2002

Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:

> 1) Is there a graphical interface for mySQL in lines with what you
> would see when you use Access or even SQLServer?

There's a GUI console available, but I've never used Access or
SQLServer so I don't know how 'in lines' it is :-)

> 2) Has anyone ever installed mySQL to use with Tomcat? So far all I
> see is how to set it up as a "standalone server" but I don't get
> that.

Yes; I may be misunderstanding your real question, but "using MySQL
with Tomcat" just means accessing the DB using JDBC statements in
your JSP. If that's unclear or you'd like a short example, holler.

--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --