[thelist] Site Check : http://www.rapidfiregames.com

Dry Martini latte_to_go at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 6 16:43:00 CDT 2002

looks good on win2000, ie 6.0

However, consider your width for 600x800? The site is
a bit too wide.

More importantly, i think the the brand and logo are
*too* abstract. This is despite your taget market. See
http://www.navy.com for a great brand execution and
navigation.

Secondly, i think the use of space is too generous.
After 400 pixles from top to middle, there is only a
logo and less than 50% of navigational functions
needed.

I suggest reduce logo, and move some functions to the
top of the page. Just look at the efficiency of
amazon.com and the new http://www.yahoo.com/. Both of
these sites are clean and highly finctional within the
top 250 pixels.

This will give you further flexibility as gaming
devices such as xbox come online!

Regards,

Mike Parsons

 --- Jason Cartwright <mail at jasoncartwright.com>
wrote: > Think about your audience - which I guess is
gamers?
> They almost always
> use Windows (99% of games only run on Windows), at a
> higher resolution
> than average (they spend money on GFX cards), and
> often on a broadband
> connection (better ping).
>
> We took this into account when redesigning our
> gaming site
> <plug>www.ferrago.co.uk</plug>
>
> Jason
> www.jasoncartwright.com