[thelist] link targets in xhtml strict

Craig Saila crsaila at yahoo.ca
Sat Jul 6 18:21:00 CDT 2002

shane - iordy.com wrote:
> Someone asked how you are supposed to specify a target under xhtml-strict when the target attribute has been depreciated?
> I had to say I have no idea and thus I ask for your wisdom on the matter.

Target is still valid using the Framset DTD, but if you are not using
frames you should do one of the following:
- use JavaScript (onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" in your
links...or something similar)
- create a custom DTD with target as a valid attribute

The former is much easier, and probably better, too.

--
Cheers,

Craig Saila
craig at saila.com  :  http://www.saila.com/