[thelist] ASP.net form handling

Norman Beresford n.beresford at anansi.co.uk
Mon Jul 8 08:00:01 CDT 2002

Hi all

I'm begining to use ASP.net now and I've got what I'm sure is a really
stupid question.  I've got a form posting information to the server.  In a
break with the way I've always done it in ASP.classic I've got the form
being handled by the same page that displays it.  So what I want to do is
hide the form elements whilst displaying a sign saying "Thank you" etc etc.
What I've just done is wrapped the whole form inside an
<asp:Label></asp:Label> tag, and set the visability of that to False when
the page is postedback:

System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        If Page.IsPostBack Then
            uploadForm.Visible = False
            thankYou.Visible = True
        Else
            uploadForm.Visible = True
            thankYou.Visible = False
        End If

    End Sub

Is this the correct way to do it, or should I be doing it some other way?
Also could anyone recommend a really good ASP.net mailing list?

Norman