[thelist] Script search: auto slide show

Francois Jordaan francois.jordaan at wheel.co.uk
Mon Jul 8 10:38:01 CDT 2002

Hi all,

I'm looking or a simple, reliable Javascript that displays a series of GIFs
in sequence, like a slideshow. They're animated GIFs, and I want a new
animation to be displayed when the previous animation finishes. In other
words, I need to specify the exact time that each GIF is displayed for. The
whole sequence needs to loop indefinitely.

Ideally, the whole bunch (currently 5 GIFs around 15kb each) shouldn't have
to preload before any of them displays. It would be better if there's a
pause in between each animation while the next one downloads.

One final complication is that there will be a swapimage effect on rollover.

I'm not too fussed about NN4 compatibility, as long as one GIF is displayed.
I also don't need any transition effects between frames.

A websearch reveals dozens of potential candidates, but I thought I'd check
first whether anyone on the list could recommend one.

This message has been checked for all known viruses by UUNET delivered