[thelist] ASP and form question

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Mon Jul 8 11:25:04 CDT 2002

At 01:00 PM 7/8/2002, Sharon F. Malone wrote:
>     And, is strDefBody the correct terminology to use? Should it be
> strBody? Again, neither one was in the original code. There was no line
> 25 as it exists now. I just put it in because I wasn't getting any of the
> Body info transmitted in the email ... and, alas,  am still not.

Sharon, you could call it strLukeSkywalker or strCelineDion and it wouldn't
matter. It's just a variable name. As long as it's not a reserved word or a
function name, you're OK. The "str" prefix is just a loose adherence to
Hungarian notation [1]. In VBScript, all variables are of the Variant type
anyway, but it helps to debug code better. (I don't know if ASP.Net has
changed this. Anyone?)

Regards,

Madhu

[1]
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvsgen/html/hunganotat.asp
(Unfortunately, it is awaiting translation to real world English ;)

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net