[thelist] ASP and form question

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Mon Jul 8 18:08:02 CDT 2002

Hi Lon, Joel, Mahu, and everyone who is trying to help me!!!

Well! Progress. I combined Lon's suggested strBody suggestions with Joel's script (after looking back over Madhu's script)(<8 and changed all the objMail.Body references to strBody followed by objMail.Body = strBody.

I am now getting no compilation errors and the email message I'm getting looks like this:
Sent by:

address:

city:

state:

zip:

homephone:

workphone:

fax:

email:

BestSellers:

SpecialtyGifts:

SeasonalSelections:

CorporateGifts:

PartyFavors:

OtherItems:

Comments:

Progress!!!! The only problem is, it's still not picking up the information I typed into these fields as a test.

Here's the script so far. Maybe I should take out the <input type=hidden fields> in my form. Could that be interfering?

<%
Dim objMail
set objMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
objMail.From = "webmaster at 24caratdesign.com"
objMail.Subject = "Web Site Form Request"
objMail.To = "The Chocolate Factory<sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com>"
objMail.BCC = "cheftrain at yahoo.com"

strBody  = "Sent by: " & Request.Form("fullname")     & vbCrlf & vbCrlf
strBody  = strBody  & "address: " & Request.Form("address")     & vbCrlf & vbCrlf
strBody  = strBody  & "city: " & Request.Form("city")     & vbCrlf & vbCrlf
strBody  = strBody  & "state: " & Request.Form("state")     & vbCrlf     & vbCrlf
strBody  = strBody  & "zip: " & Request.Form("zip")     & vbCrlf & vbCrlf
strBody  = strBody  & "homephone: " & Request.Form("homephone")     & vbCrlf & vbCrlf
strBody  = strBody  & "workphone: " & Request.Form("workphone")     & vbCrlf & vbCrlf
strBody  = strBody  & "fax: " & Request.Form("fax")     & vbCrlf & vbCrlf
strBody  = strBody  & "email: " & Request.Form("email")     & vbCrlf & vbCrlf
strBody  = strBody  & "BestSellers: " & Request.Form("BestSellers")     & vbCrlf & vbCrlf
strBody  = strBody  & "SpecialtyGifts: " & Request.Form("SpecialtyGifts")     & vbCrlf & vbCrlf
strBody  = strBody  & "SeasonalSelections: " & Request.Form("SeasonalSelections")     & vbCrlf & vbCrlf
strBody  = strBody  & "CorporateGifts: " & Request.Form("CorporateGifts")     & vbCrlf & vbCrlf
strBody  = strBody  & "PartyFavors: " & Request.Form("PartyFavors")     & vbCrlf & vbCrlf
strBody  = strBody  & "OtherItems: " & Request.Form("OtherItems")     & vbCrlf & vbCrlf
strBody  = strBody  & "Comments: " & Request.Form("Comments")

objMail.Body = strBody
objMail.Send
set objMail = nothing
Response.Redirect("http://www.chefsteve.com/chocfoundry/html/confirm.html")
%>
Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com