[thelist] Domain Name Registrar?

NanHarbisonSmith at aol.com NanHarbisonSmith at aol.com
Tue Jul 9 09:57:01 CDT 2002

Hi Ben,
I have been using godaddy.com for quite some time, and I have never had a
problem with them. They make the process of registering a domain name easy,
as well as these processes:
Modify Contacts
Modify Nameservers
Renew Domains
Cancel Domains
Transfer Ownership
I have had several <em>HORRIBLE<em> experiences with verisign, no one their
right mind should EVER consider using them for anything having to do with
domain names.
Besides the ease of use  (I know you said this was not the biggest issue for
you but) to register a domain name ranges from $9 down to $7 a year,
depending on the length of time you register it for.
Nan

In a message dated 7/9/2002 10:47:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ben_dyer at imaginuity.com writes:

> Who does everybody use for domain names now?  I've been using Dotster, but
> some of their policy changes of late have been...grating on me. (I don't
> want auto-renewal, leave me alone!)
>
> I've been looking at PairNIC.com and Joker.com.  Does anybody have any
> experience with them? (Joker.com seems reeeeeally slow.)
>
> I'm more concerned about quality and speed of service than I am about
> price.  If they have a system like Dotster has where I can modify contact
> info, Name Server addresses, etc. quickly, that would be great.

Nan Harbison Smith
481 Elm Street
Concord, MA 01742
978-369-1224
978-369-1681

Deja Moo -- the feeling that you've heard this bull before