[thelist] PWS and PHP

Mark Joslyn mark.joslyn at solimarsystems.com
Tue Jul 9 11:31:01 CDT 2002

I am running PWS on a Win 98 machine and am trying to get PHP installed. I
have downloaded the Windows installer version and went through the install
process without errors. BUT, when I try to open a sample PHP page, the
browser asks me if I want to download the PHP file instead of just opening
it. When I select Open, PHP.exe opens up (in an MS-DOS window) for a split
second them closes itself.

I also tried to install PHP3 and went through the manual install of that
(w/registry tweaks). Same problem.....

What can I do to get the PHP pages to be served up by PWS without prompting
my to download the file?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
markJ