[thelist] Security on the web - am I paranoid?

NanHarbisonSmith at aol.com NanHarbisonSmith at aol.com
Tue Jul 9 19:34:01 CDT 2002

Hmmmm.....
For my online Christmas card, last year I put photos in a folder that is
protected by a username and password (in the htaccess file) and I gave the
address and UN and PW information in a Christmas card to our friends. Should
I be worried about wackos hacking in and looking at the information there? I
never mentioned where we live, although I have my email address listed, and I
have a guestbook that I created, where people put their email addresses when
they sign it. It seemed secure enough not to worry.
Nan

In a message dated 7/9/2002 8:23:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
slewis at macrovista.net writes:

> > I am and have been very reluctant to do so on my own site. I do use
> > imagestation.com, but I send invites to those people who I want to
> > see the pix.

Nan Harbison Smith
481 Elm Street
Concord, MA 01742
978-369-1224
978-369-1681

Deja Moo -- the feeling that you've heard this bull before