[thelist] php password failing on registration

Andrew Maynes andrew at uk-webdeveloper.co.uk
Wed Jul 10 04:24:01 CDT 2002

the password looks like it is being encrypted, which presumably if I take this
little beauty away will solve the problem.... the records go into a mysql table

Andrew

Ah well, I used my favourite fake email address so I'd not know anything
about the confirmation mail, but I did try and login and that failed.

How are you storing the passwords in the database ? Plain text or encrypted
?  If in plain text you could check the database and see if the password
matches your expectation.  You could also change the script to output the
SQL query it makes to insert the new user into the database so you can check
everything there ....

Rob

---