[thelist] Here's One: Background Music

NanHarbisonSmith at aol.com NanHarbisonSmith at aol.com
Wed Jul 10 16:09:01 CDT 2002

Gina,
In the rare occasion that I have used bg music, I have used a .wav file. I
could hear it on my computer without having any plugins that I knew of.
Nan

In a message dated 7/10/2002 5:04:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gina at sitediva.com writes:

> Fellow evolters,
>
> Okay, I have a head-scratcher here concerning background music. It's been
> *years* since I've put bg music on a page, but this site calls for it and I
> need
> some help.
>
> It's a Christian music site, and the client wants to load a different bg
> music
> monthly--no biggie (going to use an ASP solution, loading new image or text
> monthly too)---but how on earth do I get it from a CD to a background music
> file? I know how to rip a cd song to like an mp3 or wav, windows media,
> etc--but
> in order to have these files as bg music on a site, you'd need the plug in,
> correct? You need a .midi for no plug-ins cross browser, right?? But isn't
> .midi
> file a synthesized music file? Or can I use mp3's somehow now?
>
> Obviously, I'm lost on this one--if you were doing this, how would you
> handle
> it? I really don't want to resort to plug-ins, I'd rather the music 'just
> play'
> no matter what. Any ideas?

Nan Harbison Smith
481 Elm Street
Concord, MA 01742
978-369-1224
978-369-1681

Deja Moo -- the feeling that you've heard this bull before